The purpose of the IOWAccess Revolving Fund is to create and provide a service to Iowa’s citizens that will serve as a gateway for one-stop electronic access to governmental information, transactions, and services at state, county, or local levels. In this role, the fund supports agency proposals for funding of electronic projects. The IOWAccess Revolving Fund has been and continues to be an important funding source for a variety of e-Government projects, from licensing services to providing website accessibility training for agency employees.
To seek IOWAccess funds the following guidelines apply:
- The request must be made by a State of Iowa, county, or local government agency
- The request must meet the mission of the government
- The proposed project must provide a benefit to the state and provide a service to the citizens of Iowa
- The proposed project must provide electronic access to government information or transactions whether federal, state or local
- The government agency can outsource management of the website to a non-profit organization, but the agency is ultimately responsible for the information contained therein
- The proposed project, once completed, can be shared with and used by other political subdivisions of the state, as appropriate
- The state retains ownership of any final product or is granted a permanent license to the use of the product.
This is not the funding opportunity for the IOWAccess Citizen Facing Website Program. Please contact Jessica Turba (email@example.com) for more information.