Project Title: AEA Early Childhood State Coordination Team
Administrative Code: IAC 279.51
Funds appropriated shall be allocated to the area education agencies to assist school districts in developing program plans and budgets under this section and to assist school districts and child development programs in meeting other responsibilities in early childhood education.
Scope of Work
The funding of this grant agreement should serve to support the salary/benefits/travel of AEA early childhood consultants and/or administrators who have responsibilities in providing services, coaching, professional development, and/or technical assistance in the field of early childhood and/or early childhood special education. Two conditions of these efforts are represented below:
1. The grantee (AEA) will ensure two AEA representatives participate in state meetings to coordinate services and efforts within early childhood programs across the state. Topics may include but are not limited to the implementation of the Iowa Early Learning Standards and State Board approved program standards, technical assistance of a multi-tiered system of supports in early childhood environments, and guidance for evidence-based practices in early childhood. Additionally, the two AEA representatives are responsible to provide leadership in early childhood/special education and implement an agency communication plan incorporating data analysis, vetting, and feedback activities. Specific individuals will be identified in another reporting process.
2. The grantee (AEA) will ensure AEA EC and ECSE services including consultation/coaching, in-service, and technical assistance are provided to:
- Grant programs serving at-risk children in Shared Visions Programs;
- Statewide Voluntary Preschool Programs (district and community partners); and
- Programs where children are receiving early childhood special education services.
The AEA will submit an application by the designated due date. The AEA award amount is located in the attachments.
Fifty percent (50%) of the grant funds will be paid upon acceptance and approval.
The remaining fifty percent (50%) of the grant will be paid upon or near January 1 of the current fiscal year.