**THIS FUNDING OPPORTUNITY IS FOR SPECIAL COMPETITION PRE-APPLICATIONS ONLY**
This funding opportunity should be used ONLY by participants in the special competition who need to submit a pre-application. If you need to submit a final application (because you are a regular competition applicant or because you have an approved special competition pre-application) then you must do so under our other AmeriCorps State 2021-2022 funding opportunity (ID#363541).
Iowa AmeriCorps State 2021-2022
Announcement: Volunteer Iowa is pleased to announce the availability of federal funding in the form of AmeriCorps State program grants. AmeriCorps is a National Service program that helps meet community needs through the efforts of AmeriCorps members. The AmeriCorps State program offers different types of funding to meet the needs of various host agencies and communities.
Program and service opportunity efforts will address the following priorities, drawn from Iowa's State Service Plan. A SPECIAL funding opportunity announced in March 2021 seeks programs that address the following priorities:
- Program grants engaging in efforts to help local communities recover from the COVID-19 pandemic. Applicants may propose programming in any CNCS focus area to aid communities as they recover from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Program grants engaging in efforts to help local communities recover from the August 2020 derecho. Applicants may propose programming in any CNCS focus area to aid communities as they recover.
- Program grants that actively engage in removing structural racial inequities, advancing racial equality, and increasing opportunity in order to achieve sustainable change in communities.
- Planning grants to plan for a program that engages AmeriCorps members in evidence-based or evidence-informed service activities.
Applicants for this funding will need to reference the complete application materials to posted on the regular funding opportunity, including the Volunteer Iowa Pre-Application Instructions, the Volunteer Iowa Request for Applications (RFA) and appendices, the Volunteer Iowa Final Application Instructions, the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) Mandatory Supplemental Guidance (“Guidance”), and the CNCS Performance Measure Instructions. This pre-application posting includes only the special competition pre-application forms.
Key Dates & Deadlines
Deadlines for submission of the required Pre-Application and Final Application are listed below. Please note that several other listed dates (marked with *) are anticipated dates only and may be updated here throughout the grant application and review period. Interested applicants should sign up for the mailing list to be informed of changes to this timeline.
For SPECIAL Competition:
- unding Opportunity Announcement & Pre-Application Instructions Published: 3/8/2021
- REQUIRED Pre-Application Deadlines: 4/20/2021
- Final (including Continuation) Application Deadlines: TBD
- 21AC233808- eGrants NOFA for cost reimbursement formula applicants
- 21ES233807- eGrants NOFA for fixed-amount formula applicants
- Volunteer Iowa Grant Review Committee Meeting: 5/11/2021 (appearance by Formula applicants and Competitive applicants not yet notified of their funding status)
- Funding Announcement: 5/2021* (for Competitive programs and Formula programs)
- Program Start Date: 6/1/2021, 7/1/2021, 8/1/2021, 9/1/2021, or 1/1/2022 (depending on grant type)
Disclosure: Publication of this Funding Opportunity Announcement does not obligate Volunteer Iowa or the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) to award any specific number of grants or to obligate any particular amount of funding. The actual level and timing of grant funding will be subject to the availability of annual federal appropriations.
Volunteer Iowa Technical Assistance Sessions:
SPECIAL Competition Information Session: March 16, 2021 @ 2:00pm
SPECIAL Competition Grant Writing Virtual Workshop: March 23, 2021 @ 9:30am
CNCS/AmeriCorps Technical Assistance Sessions: visit the CNCS Notice of Funding Opportunity page for a full list of CNCS TA webinars