The CDBG-DR grant provides funding to selected cities with identified public infrastructure needs to accomplish the following goals: 1) reduce flood risk; 2) increase resilience; 3) improve quality of life and health, especially for vulnerable populations.
To improve disaster damaged infrastructure and increase stormwater management in order to make the disaster affected communities more resilient to flood water impacts and prevent future disaster events.
Eligible Recipients/Project Area
Eligible applicants are units of general local government who will be awarded funds from the CDBG-DR Program as a result of the 2019 flooding natural disaster defined by the FEMA Declaration FEMA-4421-DR dated March 12, 2019 for Iowa Severe Storms and Flooding (March 12, 2019 and continuing).
Funding is available for infrastructure for stormwater management in all 80 counties starting 2022. During 2021 funding will only be available in the counties listed below:
- Fremont County
- Mills County
- Harrison County
Required Application Documentation:
- All applications for infrastructure must be based on engineered plans and cost estimates.
- When application is submitted, all documentation of engineered plans and cost estimates must be included for reviews
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. Complete applications will include:
- All fields in Iowagrants.gov application form completed
- Site Plan – clearly showing project location (if multiple sites, each site must be clearly labeled)
- Project Design Documents
- Documentation of site control – either Assessor’s page showing ownership or executed purchase option
- Current site zoning and an outline of any needed zoning changes with timeline.
- Resolution of Support from the City Requesting CDBG-DR funding
- Support documentation for project budget
- Completed Green Streets Checklist for minimum standards compliance
Applications will be open cycled, reviewed, and approved as submitted to IEDA. The minimum threshold must be met for an application to be funded in the open cycle.
Program Specific Guidelines can be found in the 2019 CDBG Policies and Procedures Manual found at: https://www.iowaeda.com/disaster-recovery/2019/