The mission of the Iowa Intermediary Technical Assistance Center (IITAC) is to create consistent, equitable, and sustainable delivery of work-based learning opportunities across the state of Iowa. Toward that end, the IITAC will support Iowa’s regional intermediary programs in implementing local and state-wide efforts to improve and expand business and school access to services that provide opportunities for students to explore career opportunities in state and local industries and occupations.
The priorities set forth for the IITAC include:
1. Increase the capacity of the intermediary network to provide work-based learning opportunities to all Iowa schools
2. Create a local and state-wide marketing effort
3. Develop a common dataset and data sharing system
4. Implement a state-wide regional needs and resources assessment process to identify and address gaps in services in specific areas
5. Support integrated strategic planning, evaluation, and dissemination of effective work-based deliverables for all students
6. Facilitate training, technical assistance, and coaching for individual intermediaries based on the results of local/regional needs assessments.
7. Ensure each region addresses their local community needs and implements a strategic plan for growth of work-based learning services addressing community need
This grant will be continued in FY20 with the determination that adequate progress on stated goals were met.
Performance Monitoring Strategy:
A status report will be submitted to the DE, via iowagrants.gov, detailing its ongoing implementation of meeting the following goals:
1. Create a local, data-informed implementation plan for each intermediary in Iowa, based on a common needs and resources framework
2. Develop and sustain a staffing model to meet the work-based learning needs of the region
3. Diversify the funding sources used to support the regional intermediary network, including braided local funding sources and investments at the national, state levels
4. Showcase activities and work-based learning deliverables developed across the state and expand the implementation of best practices
5. Expand the types of events offered to create a continuum of activities to broaden the reach of the intermediaries to various levels of school aged youth.
Funds will be distributed upon receipt of invoices (February 28, 2020 and June 30, 2020) and submisison of status reports through IowaGrants.