Amphastar Naloxone Iowa Rebate Instructions
Effective October 1, 2017, Iowa Attorney General Thomas Miller and Amphastar Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a manufacturer of the lifesaving drug Naloxone, entered into an agreement in which Amphastar has agreed to provide a $6.00 per dose rebate for each Amphastar Naloxone syringe purchased by eligible Iowa Public Entities, including public EMS providers, for the next two years. A copy of that agreement can be found as an attachment below. As part of the agreement, the Iowa Governor’s Office of Drug Control Policy has agreed to process the rebate requests. Please review the following instructions to submit electronically your certified rebate request to the Iowa Governor’s Office of Drug Control Policy.
- Nonfederal, Iowa government agencies are eligible to receive rebate payments. This includes Iowa government state agencies, county and local government agencies, county and local government EMS providers, law enforcement agencies and not-for-profit community agencies (hereinafter referred to as “Public Entity”).
- To be eligible for the $6.00 per dose rebate, it is not necessary that the Public Entity originally purchased the Naloxone from Amphastar. Public Entities that purchase Amphastar-manufactured Naloxone from a pharmacy, wholesale distributor or other third party are also eligible for the $6.00 per dose rebate.
- In the event that one eligible Public Entity purchased Amphastar Naloxone syringe(s) and then sold the Amphastar syringe(s) to another Public Entity, the last Public Entity purchaser is eligible to receive the rebate.
- Only Amphastar-manufactured Naloxone syringes purchased between October 1, 2017 and September 30, 2019 are eligible for the rebate.
- Rebate requests can be submitted only for Amphastar-manufactured Naloxone syringes; any additional components of administration or a naloxone kit (e.g. nasal aspirator or atomizer) are not part of the agreement and are not part of the rebate program.
Rebate Submission Requirements:
- Rebate requests must be submitted at the end of each calendar quarter for Amphastar-manufactured Naloxone syringes purchased during that calendar quarter.
- The rebate request form must be received electronically by the Iowa Governor’s Office of Drug Control Policy by the 23rd day of the month following the end of each quarter (January 23rd, April 23rd, July 23rd, & October23rd). Rebate requests will be submitted via the State of Iowa’s grant management system and recipients will need to be enrolled as a vendor in the State of Iowa financial system.
- Many Public Entities are already set up to do business through the State of Iowa financial system. Check with your finance manager to confirm your vendor ID. Contact Susie Sher should you need to sign up for a new vendor ID firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-725-0308.
- Instructions to register with www.IowaGrants.gov can be found as an attachment to the funding opportunity.
- Instructions for making a request for a rebate using the Iowa grant management system are available as an attachment below.
The Governor’s Office of Drug Control Policy will submit on behalf of all eligible Public Entities one certified combined rebate request to Amphastar within 45 days following the end of a calendar quarter. Amphastar will issue a payment for the combined rebate amount to the Governor’s Office of Drug Control Policy, which will then disburse rebates to eligible Public Entities.
Contact Dennis Wiggins 515/725-0311 email@example.com or Susie Sher 515/725-0308 firstname.lastname@example.org with questions